I finally found a replacement for over price Michelin MXV4 Energy Plus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah ....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Happy on October 23, 1999 at 09:43:38:

Yokohama AVS SV4 VR cost about $70 compared to $120 for the Michelins.

And, they are made of nice soft quiet rubber they stick like glue to the road they handled great in rain the last two days and the sidewalls look cool. oh yeah, and i got V rated instead of H rated for less money. I am not sure they will last as long as the Michelins but 10k miles either way is worth it in my opinion. they may wear 25% quicker, but you get them for almost half the price and they are awesome :)

Go to tire rack and see how the Michelins are priced, notice the high markup on the Energy Plus at 195x65 HR15? Just so happens this is the same exact tire size and model on many Honda, Volkswagen and BMW autos. I wonder if it's a coincidence that the stock Michelin tire coming on many autos is also one of the most expensive to replace. hmmm... something to consider.

have a nice day. just my two cents.....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: I finally found a replacement for over price Michelin MXV4 Energy Plus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah ....

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.