Re: Studless tires for 98 Toyota Camry......BRIDGEPORT BLIZZAKS or TOYO OBSERVE?????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RRS on October 22, 1999 at 21:44:30:

In Reply to: Studless tires for 98 Toyota Camry......BRIDGEPORT BLIZZAKS or TOYO OBSERVE????? posted by Sarah on October 22, 1999 at 03:32:17:

Les Scwab is pushing Toyo products. Last year they had both the Observe and the Nokian HK1.
The salesman last year told me they were making some deal with Toyo and would be offering them
even cheaper this coming year. Well, I went in last week and the price is even higher and they discontinued volume
sells of the HK1. They told me they could special order the HK1, but I didn't even bother to get a quote
since I figured they'd probably put on a 25% premium. Also they never heard of the HK Q

Anyway, I started looking at www.tirerack.com, the Dunlop Graspic HS-1 has a nice price. Les Schwab
wants 506.26 to put Observes with cheapo rims on a Dodge Neon. Tirerack wants 398.30 for Graspic with steel rims
and covers (You always know when someone got the snow rims from Schwab, looks like they are driving around with
spares).

I cant' seem to get anyone to comment on the Graspic, there were some post last year that seemed promising. The scattered
Toyo Observe posts seem to indicate poor dry handling. The Observe I saw at Schwabs had very very deep tread and a lot of sips.

P.S. Schwab has two other Snows this year, both looked terrible (Goodyear F-150 and something else that looked worse than an
allseason)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Studless tires for 98 Toyota Camry......BRIDGEPORT BLIZZAKS or TOYO OBSERVE?????

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.