Re: Re: Re: The BEST snow tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roger on October 15, 1999 at 12:21:35:

In Reply to: Re: Re: The BEST snow tires posted by Marc on October 11, 1999 at 21:31:23:

I am afraid you missed the point.
Any snow test is in truth only valid for the type of snow conditions found at the test site while the test is being run.
There is no one site that could possibly test all types of snow under all types of conditions as it is impossible to duplicate the different temperature / humidity conditions.
I am sure your site is great for tires used in Finland at the temperatures seen there but I would challenge you to show test data on snow that fell when it was 20°F, started to melt at 33°F then froze to 28° and had a 1/2" of new 28°F snow fall and salt added to the mix. The above would be entirely different than snow at 10°F hard packed and never above 28°F etc, etc.
See my point about claims of "Best"

tireman9@xhotmail.com < remove x

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: The BEST snow tires

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.