Re: please recommend all seasons for AWD Subaru

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on October 11, 1999 at 13:23:43:

In Reply to: please recommend all seasons for AWD Subaru posted by Jonathan on October 07, 1999 at 15:54:08:

I recently changed tires on my AWD legacy brighton. I've never typically been a fan of Bridgestone, but the price was right and I picked up 4 Turanza's from Tire Rack. I purchased a different size than spec-- 205-60 R15 on Subaru alloy rims (15") and the tires have performed far better than expected. I live outside DC, so high speeds and quick stops are common. They do fine in the rain and the car easily out-performs the typical SUV when handling in snow (mostly due to less weight, I suppose, but the tires certainly haven't hurt winter driving). Wet driving (i.e. stopping) is much better than I expected, and the ride is certainly quiet. If you are using the steel 14" rims, you obviusly can't use the same size tire, which might change the performance a bit. but they are quiet even in the wider size.

Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: please recommend all seasons for AWD Subaru

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.