Re: DUNLOP SP SPORT 8000 v. SP SPORT 4000

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Benjamin Tang on October 09, 1999 at 13:14:57:

In Reply to: DUNLOP SP SPORT 8000 v. SP SPORT 4000 posted by Jiri on October 03, 1999 at 22:34:19:

I used to have SP8000s until they wore out and I ran out of space to keep a second set of snows, so I went and bought SP4000s... If you are an agressive driver, SP4000s will not cut it. They are wearing faster than my SP8000s, cornering traction in the wet is not got (but not unpredictable), and braking distances didn't seem as short as before.

On the plus side, it is much quieter than the SP8000 (just look at the tread), has as softer ride (stand on the sidewall and you'll see!), and dosen't tramline as much. I haven't been in the snow yet, but winter is coming soon....

I would follow the advice of the other person who responded... wait for the SP5000 and see what the reviews will be like...

Ben

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: DUNLOP SP SPORT 8000 v. SP SPORT 4000

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.