Re: Tire Rack vs. Discount Tire Direct?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Keith on October 07, 1999 at 21:55:01:

In Reply to: Tire Rack vs. Discount Tire Direct? posted by Dave on October 07, 1999 at 09:59:08:

I had a problem locating someone to install the tires purchased from Discount Tire Direct. Found a gas station/garage that could order tires and fix flats but did not carry any tires on hand. Manager was surprised (really surprised) I had my own tires. He agreed to mount for $10 each. In this area businesses that carry tires on hand tend to resist ordering special tires preferring to sell what is on hand. They really get irritated when asked to mount new tires purchased from someone else when they could have sold the tires. I decided not to get "mail order" tires again due to the hassle. When I decided to get new tires locals resisted special order. When I finally found someone that had tires I could accept the tires cost $60 more than going back to gas station/garage and begging to have Tire Rack tires mounted. I called the same place as last time. I pointed out I was purchasing tires they could not order (their statement not mine). After some hesitation they agreed to mount tires for same price as before. This time I ordered the tires after locating someone to mount.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Tire Rack vs. Discount Tire Direct?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.