Re: Snow Tires for Contour SVT -- Michelin Pilot Alpin?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by PhilH on October 01, 1999 at 13:23:01:

In Reply to: Snow Tires for Contour SVT -- Michelin Pilot Alpin? posted by Dave on September 29, 1999 at 15:00:14:

I'm planning on buying a set of Michelin Arctin Alpin tires for my newly purchased '93 BMW 525i. They are supposed to be a multicell coumpound that grips ice and snow better than the new Pilot Alpins. On a RWD car like mine, I think I'll appreciate the extra grip. The tread design on these Michelins have been praised by others (on this board and others) for half way decent dry road handling, at least compared to dogs like Blizzaks. Having said that, if you live in Canada, a really conservative tire like the Blizzak or Guardex would probably be smart, even with FWD. My wife has Blizzaks on her Honda, and I can report they're amazing in snow/ice, but are squirmy in the dry, you have to baby them through turns. If you drive an SVT, I doubt you'd be happy with them if you could get by with something else. Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Snow Tires for Contour SVT -- Michelin Pilot Alpin?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.