Re: Re: Volvo 850 Turbo Wagon - Nitto vs. Toyo vs. Yokohama

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan on September 19, 1999 at 16:55:58:

In Reply to: Re: Volvo 850 Turbo Wagon - Nitto vs. Toyo vs. Yokohama posted by John Barnitz on September 10, 1999 at 22:41:26:

You might want to check the vast threads on this subject on the Brickboard.com. I've had a 1995 850 turbo since new still with the
original 205/50ZR16 Michelins. Maybe roads are better where I drive, but I have
loved them as 3 season tires (I use Bridestone Blizzacks on steel wheels for the
snow). They are a little stiff (I use 36#F and 33# rear), but stick like glue, have
gradual and predictable breakawy and have given me good wear for an ultra high
performance Z rated tire (I should get about 30,000 miles from the set) which are
driven hard. They are, however, expensive!!! Switching to a higher profile 55 series
will yield a softer ride, better sidewall/wheel pothole protection, but acceleration
will be slower (changed drive ratio with larger diameter tire), speedo error will
increase and tire clearance will be reduced (0.8" larger diameter) with danger of
rubbing the fender liner.
protection

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Volvo 850 Turbo Wagon - Nitto vs. Toyo vs. Yokohama

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.