Re: Re: Re: Re: steel belt

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roger on September 17, 1999 at 12:02:41:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: steel belt posted by Tire Guy on September 14, 1999 at 16:58:55:

OK, I can't resist rising to your bait. And with apologies to the originator of this string.

Lets make this interesting. First you tell us what your words mean then we can talk a common language. In my Universe these have no meaning as you have applied to tire design.

>steel used in tires is of a transpositional design< Transpositional ?

>heat to be dispered within the compound < How do you disperse "within" the compound? You can disperse within a tire but I have never seen data to indicate that a steel tire runs cooler or more uniform in temperature that an identical one with a different reinforcement materisl but with similar stiffnes properties.

>Steel is by the way "more" pliable than rubber< Pliable? Steel is more flexible than steel? ! since when?

>heat produced by the metal in the tires < heat is produced by the rubber not the steel

>sublimed material< Under what temp & pressure will steel or rubber sublime?

>Always happy to help< Alwayse happy to blow smoke and mis informe is more like it.

tireman9@hotmail e-mail here to avoid spam bots

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: steel belt

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.