Re: Re: correct information on reversing tires> whitewall in

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roger on September 16, 1999 at 11:55:49:

In Reply to: Re: correct information on reversing tires> whitewall in posted by Tire Guy on September 14, 1999 at 16:48:26:

I don't know where you get your tire info but in my opinion your reply sounds like a lot of double talk.

First about reversing the direction of rotation...I suggest you walk outside and look at a car with WSW tires on it. Now look at the passenger side tires and confirm in your mind that they rotate clockwise. Now walk around to the other side of the car and ask yourself what direction they rotate in.......So much for that theory of yours.

FYI
>Due to tire gometry < What geometry? Please define.

>The increase in density < rubber does not compress

>reversing the sidewall would create a dangerous situation when the converging forces of side vectors meet the linear forces of tread movement<
How is this dangerous? How does reversing the direction of rotation reverse the direction of the forces? Do you mean the force is compressive on outside and tensile on the inside in one direction and reverses with direction of rotation such that the forces on the outside would then be tensile and compressive on the inside. Not in this universe.

>This is all too evedent if you examine a tire that has blown out< What do you mean Blown Out? This is a term used by laymen to describe almost any tire failure. After you personally have cut and examined a couple thousand failed tires you will know enough to make statements about "blow outs".

If you wish to present yourself as a "Tire Guy" I suggest you get your information correct and use the appropriate tire industry technical terminology. It sounds as if you are spouting some theoretical stuff you were told in mechanics class. Sorry but tires don't work that way.

e-mail tireman9@hotmail.com placed here to avoide spam

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: correct information on reversing tires> whitewall in

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.