Re: Firestone Wilderness Tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Karol on September 11, 1999 at 03:46:53:

In Reply to: Firestone Wilderness Tires posted by Monique Timmons on January 24, 1999 at 12:08:01:

Hhhhmmm very interesting..... I always have alot of problems with my tires...I am so sick of them that I am looking to buy new lower sized rims for my Ford Explorer i have P255 70R16 no one but wilderness makes this size tire..(if anyone can find it in another brand you are welcome to email me) anyway... I have lots and lots of problems with constant flats.. but you must must must look at these tires and see if
1. were the tires overinflated? mine were once and had stretch cracks in them thus weakening the tire integrity.. i was told to inflate them to 40 lbs of pressure they needed to only be inflated to 35 psi

or 2. one replacement tire I got from the dealer (since these tires are so ahem special hardly anyone else has them so sometimes the inventory sits in the store for a long time) was dryrotted!! very subtle you couldnt tell

3. could be both problems along with the big bump...but you would think.....wilderness AT are all terrrain tires.....they can go offroad...so if you hit a bump in the road. nothing should have happened

but like i said....these tires are horrible i dont trust them myself

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Firestone Wilderness Tires

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.