Dunlops on 300ZX.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JSShackel on August 28, 1999 at 17:21:22:

I have a '90 model 300ZX NA that I just put a set of Dunlop D60 A2's on. Running Goodyear Eagle GT+4 before these. Bought the Dunlops after reading mostly great reviews and user comments about them on the web. So far, I love the Dunlops. Seem to grip extremely well and very noticeably smoother and quieter at higher speeds than the Goodyears. Actually feels like I've had suspension work done. Have a question, though: recommended cold tire pressure settings for this car 33PSI front, 36PSI rear. Ran the Goodyears at those pressures and still had tread left at 60,000 miles (hard compound -- too hard). The Eagles had a max pressure listed on sidewall of 45PSI. On the Dunlops, however, max pressure listed is 35PSI! Now running 28PSI both front and rear. Handles and rides great, but I don't want to shorten tire life with more heat buildup if pressures too low. Anyone have any ideas?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Dunlops on 300ZX.

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.