Re: Michelin MXV4 vs. Yokohama AVID V4 Tire Comparison Report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tire Guy on August 18, 1999 at 22:13:31:

In Reply to: Michelin MXV4 vs. Yokohama AVID V4 Tire Comparison Report posted by LK on August 17, 1999 at 12:41:06:

I would agree with Yoko Fan. The Tirerack is an excellent company, who will give an objective opinion an the tires. Both tires can also be purchased from National Tire and Battery at a reasonible price. From my experience (I work at a dealership which sells and services Audi, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, and Jaguar), most customers seem to prefere the Yokos. The ride smoother, but give up very little or no handling under most any driving conditions. We have also had a problem with the MXVs not lasting. Some have even seperated the tread from the side wall, almost like a retreaded tire.Being that the Yokos are less expensive, I think they are a better tire for the dollar.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Michelin MXV4 vs. Yokohama AVID V4 Tire Comparison Report

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.