Michelin X-ones

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Peter Flemming on July 27, 1999 at 21:14:53:

I own a 1992 Ford Taurus L with 206000 km. I've had it since 26000 km. I replaced the Firestone FR680's with Michelin X-Ones. They ride great, but the 1st set was worn out in 40,000 km. The 2 fronts had to be replace within 30,000 km, that was yesterday. Wheel alignments have been done every 30,000 km. I do about 28,000km a year and rotate the tires every 5000km which is every 2nd oil change. I check the tires once a month, the 1st thing early morning and set the pressure at 35 psi. I do not let the dealer, where all my repairs are carried out, to set the air.
The FR680s road terrible. The X-one will right great if the air pressure is set correctly.

What would be a better tire for this car? The size is 205R70x14. We have snow from late-November to mid/late March, which does not stay around long. One or two big snow storms a year lasting 1-2 days. The temperature up here has been 75 to 92 F since late May till today, July 27th were it stands at 90 F. This area is about 1-1/2 hours drive north of New York state and 2 hours east of Michigan.

Peter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Michelin X-ones

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.