Re: Re: Re: Firestone ATX Tire failure on Ford Explorer

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick on July 25, 1999 at 17:32:14:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Firestone ATX Tire failure on Ford Explorer posted by Dean on June 15, 1998 at 11:23:04:

I has a Firestone ATX tire that came with my Ford Explorer come completly apart like a retread tie on a 18 Wheeler. I tore my truck up bad ripped the running board off, dented side of truck, bent bumper. Never had or seen anything like this before on a pasenger vehicle. I am interested in others who have had the same or similar occurance with Firestone ATX tires. I have heard from a Ford Body shop person that this is a very common occurance on the Ford Explorer with ATX Tires. I am interested imn makeing Firestone own up to there responsibility for the damage to my vehicles and others. I feel that they have continued to put a tire out on the market with known defects and have possibly cause injury to others. I myself by the grace of god was not injured and by shere skill and the good fortune of no other vehicles were by me at the time of this occurance. It felt like my entire wheel had come off and the vehicle started to lose control. If any one has had similar occurance please contact me at A1Fitness@aol.com. If someone know of any information on how to handel this I would greatly appreciate the input. Firestone so far has been uncopperative and given me the run around. Thank you for your time. Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Firestone ATX Tire failure on Ford Explorer

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.