Re: Re: Volvo 850

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Emanuel on July 08, 1999 at 12:44:11:

In Reply to: Re: Volvo 850 posted by MaTTK on May 03, 1999 at 19:52:35:

Did you know that consumers have won a class-action law suite against Volvo for the design
flaw of the wheels for the 850? Unfortunately, I think it only applies to the 94 and 95 model
years which use a very low profile aluminum composite rim, forcing you to use a 205/50/16 or
205/55/16 Z or V-rated tire. Problem is excessive tire wear on the outer edge and bent rims.
My problem is with both of these issues and even though I have owned the car for a little over
a year, I am replacing tires (and straigtening rims) for the second time. Z and V-rated tires
do not come with a mileage warranty, and due to the fact that the settlement calls for Volvo
not admitting fault, they will not recommend any other tire. Besides, if I used a T-rated or
lower tire without their recommendation, their warranties are not covered either. I am in
a real bind and have come to this site for answers. The tire that wore out the fastest for me
has been the Dunlup SP4000. The best has tended to be the $250 Michelin. Any info about this
issue would be appreciated. The award of $500 is not to come until the end of this year, I
hear...not enough to compensate me for the time and money spent over Volvo's design flaw.
David (badger36@esper.com)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Volvo 850

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.