Re: Re: Re: best tire to avoid hydroplanning:MXV4,avid H4,P6000,SH30,RE900 -910-930 ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brandon Lau on May 26, 1999 at 22:29:40:

In Reply to: Re: Re: best tire to avoid hydroplanning:MXV4,avid H4,P6000,SH30,RE900 -910-930 ? posted by JJ on March 23, 1999 at 23:08:36:

I would recomment the michelin mxv4s for your saturn...unless you have a 15 inch rim then
i would go up a bit..to the 4 channel mvx4 energys with a star on it. NO skidding , less
flats...due to harder rubber compound..it holds the nail in..happened twice, great even
wear on the tires..unlike pirellis which wear unevenly even with correct tire pressure,
yokohamas seem to be great in dry weather..but as for wet/snow traction..umm i wouldnt try
it..unless you want to experience what i did...being stuck in the Sierra Nevadas under 3ft of snow for 4 hrs
with no signs of the California Highway patrol..or any yellow call boxes. I rolled in the
yokos. Thank god for bus drivers!! bridgestone i havent tried...so you ll have to ask someone else.
And out of the group of tires listed here..i believe that the MXV4 has the quietest road noise
and also best ride. Thanks for your time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: best tire to avoid hydroplanning:MXV4,avid H4,P6000,SH30,RE900 -910-930 ?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.