Re: Lug Nut Torque

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KrendalT on May 22, 1999 at 21:21:53:

In Reply to: Lug Nut Torque posted by John Morrelles on May 19, 1999 at 14:56:34:

One thing you can do is check in your owners manual and it should list the amount of torque that is required by the manufacturer for your perticular vehicle. And when you go to have work done on your vehicle make sure you have some kind of verification of who worked on the vehicle and what the wheel was torqued too. I work for NTB/SEAR Auto Center. We try to be very specific on these matters. I will admit that not every store will follow exact proceedure be it a dealership or after market dealer. But as said before develop a repore with your sales person or mechanic. Me I love to do the work.

Another problem you can encounter is if a lug is cross threaded. Being that the lug was not put on correctly and ends up breaking off which can usually cost an extra thirty to fifty bucks depending on who your dealing with.. If you encounter such a circumstance the last place that worked on your vehicle and had to take off the wheels i.e. for inspection for brake work or tire work should reimburse or replace that lug for free. I would at my store.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Lug Nut Torque

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.