Re: Lug Nut Torque

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bruce R. on May 20, 1999 at 14:03:34:

In Reply to: Lug Nut Torque posted by John Morrelles on May 19, 1999 at 14:56:34:

I had almost the same thing happen to my wife's Town Car. The four regular lug nuts were so tight I ended up jumping up and down on the "T" wrench, and I ain't no light weight. The remaining keyed nut was impossible for me to move. When I got the car back to the Goodyear dealer the manager was very apologetic offered to loosen and properly retighten all the nuts and replace the damaged keyed nuts. This was good. Unfortunetly I overheard the "Grease Gorilla" who did the work originally say, " I don't care, ain't nobody gunna sue me fer not puttin the damn nuts on tight enough. Screw him." Eventually the job was done correctly, but I always wondered if the aluminum wheels may have been damaged, or if the lug bolts were overstressed. Poor workmanship seems to be rampant with pride of doing a job well almost non-existant.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Lug Nut Torque

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.