Re: Re: Re: Michelin M/S Vs. Yokohama SD5 for a Grand Cherokee

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on May 18, 1999 at 17:37:56:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Michelin M/S Vs. Yokohama SD5 for a Grand Cherokee posted by Oggy Fartman on May 17, 1999 at 14:51:31:

I own a 96 Grand with the UpCountry suspension package i.e. high pressure gas shocks. This
gives a firmer ride than the closed cellular foam shocks would. For an improved ride you
could change you shocks to an after-market set, I will be puting on Doetsch Tech 3000's
from Summit Racing (www.summitracing.com). I have been told these are a great shock for
the Grand Cherokee's. Another way to go is progressive rate coil springs, I have heard
that Pro-Comp??? has just come out with some, see (www.performanceproducts.com) for a
catalog of Jeep accessories. On the other hand, when you go off road just let air out
of your tires (airing down) this gives you a smoother side and improved traction,
don't let out too much though or you will blow a bead. As to your original question about
tires, i have not run either of those, I run Big "O" MT's (31X10.5r15) and have had great
luck with them. They are kinda loud on the freeway, they do have there new XT's out and
I think I am going to try them for my next set.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michelin M/S Vs. Yokohama SD5 for a Grand Cherokee

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.