Re: 98 Integra GSR- wanting tires and rims- what size??-help!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by daanesh chanduwadia on May 13, 1999 at 11:00:55:

In Reply to: 98 Integra GSR- wanting tires and rims- what size??-help!! posted by Trent on March 03, 1999 at 16:17:47:

if you're still considering...

are you going after looks or handling?

if it's looks you want, the above posts can guide you, but if it's handling you want, this may help.

now by 'handling' we can mean one of two things: high ultimate grip or easy to drive at the limit and recover. if you want the leter (which i prefer to the one-wrong-move-puts-you-in-the-ditch feel of the lower profiles.) also consider how wheel diameter can affect unsprung weith and rotational inertia (if you're into biking you'll know how much difference this can make.)
in the sort of driving coditions we encounter on U>S> roads, alot of poorly judged setups earn praise from people who are more concerned with what others think than with improving their car. i've got a 94 GS-R sedan, and after doing my research i decided that sticking with the stock size and going to a more agressive tire is the best solution. european journalists seem to agree with me: they love the integra (type R) onthe standard 195/55R15s but say it feels clumsy on the new 16" option. it's your money -- spend it where it will bring you the greatest satisfaction... i'd beef-up the chassis first (rear tower brace and lower tie bar by neuspped have worked wonders on my car, then lower it an inch if you want greater high speed stability and trasitional response.) BTW i also own a '95 M3, and am going to a 225/45R17 from the O.E. 235/40R17. i've decided this after talking to insiders at BMW who tel me that the 235s were forced on the engineers by marketers although the 225s have better handling.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: 98 Integra GSR- wanting tires and rims- what size??-help!!

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.