Re: Re: Michelin LTX M/S

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jamie on May 10, 1999 at 11:33:15:

In Reply to: Re: Michelin LTX M/S posted by Kevin (NJ) on May 09, 1999 at 10:00:14:

Well, I decided to go with the LTX M/S over the XC LT4. As it turned out, Tire Kingdom was about $2 more per tire but didn't sock me with the $1.50 valve stem, $1.00 enviromental fee, etc. per tire. They reduced their $13.95/tire lifetime balancing to $9.99 as they match the lowest price of their competitors. They were also about 5 bucks cheaper on the alignment. I was leaning towards the LTX over the XC LT4 (and the X Radial LT at Costco, I went there too) mainly because I knew I couldn't go wrong with the proven tire. Although I wouln't be able to know for sure, the idea of saving a few bucks and ending up with a slightly inferior tire would provide me with 50,000+ miles of buyer's remorse. At the end of the day, I got the LTX M/S (the tire I really wanted) at a price lower than what I was expecting to pay.

By the way, it's a smooth-riding, quiet tire - as advertised. Going on a two-week road trip next week so I'll give it the ultimate test.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Michelin LTX M/S

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.