Re: Re: What is smoothest riding touring radial

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark on May 07, 1999 at 22:56:19:

In Reply to: Re: What is smoothest riding touring radial posted by JJ5 on May 06, 1999 at 19:22:48:

I have looked at the x-one and price is no object. Spending a few extra dollars for comfort is ok with me. I am concerned about the road noise on the Michellins. I have seen several reports/surveys and they all seem to indicate a more than average road noise from the Michellin line.
They also don't list any tire as a standard touring radial, which is the catagory that is supposed to be the smoothest riding tire type. All michellins are listed as either All-weather or Grand touring. Im I wrong on this? Any clarification on why Michellin doesn't consider or rate their tires as standard touring would be much help.
I would absolutely consider them if I knew they were as smooth as the other standard touring such as the Bridgestone RE900(I have be told this tire is actually the Potenza RE900 now), or Yokohama AVID Touring(I already own a set of Yokohama S305's,they are good handlers for the money)
Is Michellin's radial(X-one) smooth enough to fit the standard touring catagory?
Thanks for all the help in advance.....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: What is smoothest riding touring radial

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.