Re: Re: Re: Re: Explorer - Michelin vs Goodyear

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by carlos on May 06, 1999 at 12:32:53:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Explorer - Michelin vs Goodyear posted by steel on May 06, 1999 at 11:38:40:

Thanks steele.
I try to give an honest reply based on experience. I have been stranded in remote areas, in the hot desert and on busy L.A. freeways because of inferior tires. I have never been stranded with Michelins. I even drove a set of Michelins until they separated and were bulging in a dozen spots on the inner sidewall about the size of golf balls with the steel cords showing and never had the tire give out on me to the point of being flat.
The original tires on my Explorer were Firestones. They were an excellent tire and I would buy them again. The sidewall was stiffer than the Michelins and I liked that feel.
I have driven both brands (Michelin & Firestone) at high speeds in the rain with a strong wind and they both performed extremely well.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Explorer - Michelin vs Goodyear

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.