Re: Re: Re: Re: Requesting comments on Michelin LTX M/S tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin (NJ) on April 26, 1999 at 21:59:56:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Requesting comments on Michelin LTX M/S tires posted by ChicagoMike on April 22, 1999 at 22:35:28:

To answer you your request for comments: I bought the X Radial LT (Costco's private label of the LTX M/S) in December and have been very impressed. /bbs/tires/messages/4861.html

Good in snow and on ice. When I was looking, I was specifically targeting the BEST snow performance I could find without changing tires every winter. I bought the LT31x10.5x15, so they are stiffer than P sizes. The stiffness is apparent in the responsive handling (for a truck) and, unfortunately for you, the feel of big bumps on the road. surprisingly, these tires are overall smoother than the Firestone Wilderness ATs they replaced. Only *big* bumps are more noticeable. Consider the advantage of a stronger tire for the unexpected Chicagoland pothole!

According to Michelin, the LTX M/S *is* available in the size you have, but with ORBL. Unless you need to have white letters that sounds like the tire for you.

To answer your question on the tire size:
Section
Diameter Width Height
245/75R16 30.5 9.6 7.2
265/70R16 30.6 10.4 7.3

The difference in diameter works out to about 1%. Compare that to the 2% change in diameter (and spedo/odo) you get through the life of a tire.

However, if the Escalade and Denali have the larger size, they might also wider wheels to minimize side slop with the wider tire.

If you have comments/questions for me, e-mail also. I don't look here often.

-Kevin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Requesting comments on Michelin LTX M/S tires

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.