Re: Michelin tires vs. Bridgestone tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Vin on April 21, 1999 at 23:58:33:

In Reply to: Michelin tires vs. Bridgestone tires posted by Dave on April 19, 1999 at 14:31:48:

Dave is right about watching the width increase. If you don't keep the outer diameter of your tire the same, not only might you encounter problems with the tire contacting the fender, your speedometer will be off too.
You don't need to go to a wider tire for a more aggressive ride. I've always chucked the standard Michelins on my Accords for more aggressive rubber in the OEM size. The difference is always amazing.
On my last two Accord EXs I put on Dunlop D60A2s in the OEM 195/60R15. Much grippier than the Michelins, quieter and MUCH cheaper too!
On my 98 Accord EX, I just put on a set of Bridgestone RE930s in the OEM 195/65R15. I've read a lot about them and they were comparable (even just a notch above the Dunlops). Awesome tire!! Just as grippy as the Dunlops but they ride a bit better! I love them.
Be careful not to put a tire biased towards comfy ride on your Accord. I tried a set of Nokian NRWs for a week and hated them. They rode well and were extremely quiet but they didn't like agressive driving. Changed the whole personality of the car. The Accord has a tight suspension and needs agressive tires to keeps its personality intact!
E-mail me if you'd like to talk more about my experince with tires on my Accords. If you have ICQ or AOL IM, we can even chat about it if you'd like. And try www.tirerack.com to check out some tires for the type of driving you do. The Dunlop and Bridgestone I mentioned are for light to NO winter driving. ( I run snows on steel rims in the winter.) You might want more of an all season tire!
Good luck.
Vin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Michelin tires vs. Bridgestone tires

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.