Re: Re: !995 Volvo 850 Turbowgn. class action tire/wheel lawsuit

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by steel on April 17, 1999 at 00:19:48:

In Reply to: Re: !995 Volvo 850 Turbowgn. class action tire/wheel lawsuit posted by Bob on April 16, 1999 at 14:19:33:

To Twana....unless Volvo plans on buying you the set of 16" rims and tires, there is no way I would shell out that money...and most likely lose some performance as well by going back down to the non-optional size. You did not say what size tire you have on your T-5R.. but Bob mentioned the tires I have on my car now, the Nitto NT-450. These are V speed rated, which is good to 149...while not Z-rated like the Pirelli's (and I might hear it from someone on here for saying this) I think those wagons top speed was around 149. Check out nitto's website at www.nittotire.com...if anything, the flash version is pretty neat. For Bob, overall these tires have been pretty good, an all-season tire with a directional pattern to help channel rain. In 16 inch sizes they have a 45,000 mile warrenty as well. They, like many directionals, are so-so with treadnoise, but not bad or obtrusive.
Also for Twana, I presume your problem is finding 50 series 17s. According to Nitto, they make 225/50/17s and 255/50/17s....as well as more lower profile sizes....
Also for Bob...have heard that the SP9000s are a good tire, even a little better performing than the NT450....but that they tend to wear out a bit quickly...and they are pricier.
Good luck searching and with the suit!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: !995 Volvo 850 Turbowgn. class action tire/wheel lawsuit

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.