Re: Dunlop Sucks

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lee on April 06, 1999 at 00:59:16:

In Reply to: Dunlop Sucks posted by Lou on August 20, 1998 at 16:19:43:

First off, Mercedes-Benz er Daimler-Chrysler uses Dunlop SP8000 on their SL500 Sports package as "OE". Rumor has it that the 8000 will be phased out by the 9000 but that has yet to happen so it stands that the SP8000 is original equipment for now. Second, although the "500HP Supra" may or may not be true the Dunlop SP8000 is used as standard equipment on the RUF Porsche cars. Until I see the car run, see a independent dyno sheet, and see some times it is all subjective. However, it is widely known and proven that the Ruf-Porsche cars can exceed 500HP and 200 mph. Go to a SCCA event, road race, or any other event that draws hardcore "car people". Take a look around the parking lot and see what they run. In my observations I have seen alot of SP8000's, S02's, PZero/7000, and Michelin MXXX3. My 92 500E is due for new rubber sometime in the next month or two and if I go "cost no object" I would get the MXXX3. On more of a budget I would either get the 8000's or the SZ50's. If you don't like em, don't use em!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Dunlop Sucks

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.