Re: Nokian NRW

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Vin on April 03, 1999 at 15:55:02:

In Reply to: Nokian NRW posted by Vin on April 02, 1999 at 00:42:58:

Got my own answer! FYI for anyone interested: One of the employees of the tire dealer put them on his Mazda Millenia.
I talked at length with him about the change from his Michelins to the Nokia NRW.
He even let me take the car out for a test drive! :-) Granted I needed to discern between
his car's characteristics and mine to evaluate the tire, the NRWs seemed like a great tire.
They were very quiet. It wasn't just his car. My Michelins howl on certain types of pavement
but the NRWs remained consistently quiet no matter what the road surface was like. The ride was very good, too.
Sharp, sudden impacts were quietly absorbed. No echoing THUMP from the tires. Handling was great too. I brought the car
to a cloverleaf of two intersecting highways and kept circling, gradually increasing the cars speed.
Doing 60mph on a 30mph bend, the tires began to groan and you could just barely feel
the tail sliding loose. The Michelins break away more abrubtly and squeal long before
the speeds reached on the Mazda.
My Honda's steering is tighter than the Mazda's and the ride is a bit firmer, more biased towards handling. I think the NRWs will
be a perfect compliment to my car. I'm getting them put on Monday. If anyone is interested, I could give more feedback after
they're on my car and I have a chance to drive them.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Nokian NRW

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.