Re: heres what happened... I'm park my car for an hour and come back and the tire is flat. So I go tothe tire place with it and they can't find a leak. So I drive it around for a month and one day I park it again and the tire goes flat. So, I take it in again and again they can't find a leak but remove a weight andadd the stick on kind because maybe that could be the cause. So, a month later it goes flat again. What is going on!!!!! n/m

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ben Ott on March 31, 1999 at 10:25:45:

In Reply to: heres what happened... I'm park my car for an hour and come back and the tire is flat. So I go tothe tire place with it and they can't find a leak. So I drive it around for a month and one day I park it again and the tire goes flat. So, I take it in again and again they can't find a leak but remove a weight andadd the stick on kind because maybe that could be the cause. So, a month later it goes flat again. What is going on!!!!! n/m posted by Chet on March 12, 1999 at 19:44:44:

I worked at firestone for come time. the problem you have explained is symptomatic of an alumin rim in which has oxidation an the bead itself. when you park the car just right the pressure is applied to the problem area and a leak is created. if it is a steel rim then there is probably rust doing the same thing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: heres what happened... I'm park my car for an hour and come back and the tire is flat. So I go tothe tire place with it and they can't find a leak. So I drive it around for a month and one day I park it again and the tire goes flat. So, I take it in again and again they can't find a leak but remove a weight andadd the stick on kind because maybe that could be the cause. So, a month later it goes flat again. What is going on!!!!! n/m

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.