Re: Re: heres what happened... I'm park my car for an hour and come back and the tire is flat. So I go tothe tire place with it and they can't find a leak. So I drive it around for a month and one day I park it again and the tire goes flat. So, I take it in again and again they can't find a leak but remove a weight andadd the stick on kind because maybe that could be the cause. So, a month later it goes flat again. What is going on!!!!! n/m

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Peter Klosky on March 24, 1999 at 16:06:10:

In Reply to: Re: heres what happened... I'm park my car for an hour and come back and the tire is flat. So I go tothe tire place with it and they can't find a leak. So I drive it around for a month and one day I park it again and the tire goes flat. So, I take it in again and again they can't find a leak but remove a weight andadd the stick on kind because maybe that could be the cause. So, a month later it goes flat again. What is going on!!!!! n/m posted by james on March 16, 1999 at 04:06:31:

I suspect the problem is the tire or the rim. So swap them with another set;
i.e. put the tire from the bad set onto another rim, and put the remaining two
pieces together. This is the "process of elimination" approach.

You may be "breaking the bead" by running into curbs or what have you.

Another problem may be rust on the rim. A wire brushing is sometimes
good in this case.

Last resort is to fit a tube. While the dealer may grumble, this is
a fine solution to get service from your tires & wheels.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: heres what happened... I'm park my car for an hour and come back and the tire is flat. So I go tothe tire place with it and they can't find a leak. So I drive it around for a month and one day I park it again and the tire goes flat. So, I take it in again and again they can't find a leak but remove a weight andadd the stick on kind because maybe that could be the cause. So, a month later it goes flat again. What is going on!!!!! n/m

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.