Re: Michelin X-One vs. Rainforce for New England in 1991 Camry?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Larry on March 12, 1999 at 21:53:00:

In Reply to: Michelin X-One vs. Rainforce for New England in 1991 Camry? posted by Joel Heller on March 12, 1999 at 18:14:32:

I recently purchased a set of X-Ones for a Grand Marquis. This car is rear wheel drive and so has a reputation of being slippery on wet or snowy roads. I got these tires because I live in Vancouver BC where we get a significant amount of rain, and when it snows it is the slippery slushy type. The day I was caught in a suprise snowstorm (I didn't have a chance to get my snow tires on) I also had good traction, although I would still recommend good snow tires for snow. There is a little road noise from the X-Ones, but considering the security I have with these I would still get them again. I remember reading somewhere that the noise complaints arose from customers comparing the X-One to other earlier Michelins which produced less noise.

I don't know much about Rainforce, but when I was asking about another 'rain' tire (Aquatread) the dealer said they are useful if you do a lot of freeway driving in rain. You can take a look at an earlier post of mine on this board just before I got the tires when I asked a similar question (about Jan 25 1999). The responses I got convinced me to go ahead with the X-ones. I hope this helps.

Larry.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Michelin X-One vs. Rainforce for New England in 1991 Camry?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.