Re: Re: Uniroyal

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill Sisti on October 01, 1997 at 10:20:30:

In Reply to: Re: Uniroyal posted by Rev. Dr. . Lionel B. McCauley on July 03, 1997 at 20:12:45:

For openers, have the dealer put the tires back on the original wheel. IE: if they rotated the front to rear, both on left side, move them back. If they moved from left to right side of the car, the tires are now turning in the opposite direction and this may be causing a shifted belt problem to be noticable.
I had a problem w/uUniroyals on one car at under 5 MPH where the steering wheel would almost jerk out of my hands as the wheel turned. Dealer claimed it was a ballance problem and balanced the tire and put in on the rear. At that point it was undetectable. I insisted they put it back on the front and the problem was back. Turning the tire showed no bent wheel or shifted belt. Balance was fine. Someting inside the tire did not like the weight of the motor and resulted in the vibration. My problem went away at hihg speed but I suspect it is either a belt or out of round condition that got worse wnen the the tires were moved to a different wheel location.
Good Luck. By the way, If your local dealer can't or wont make good on the problem, a PHONE CALL to the mfg usually will result in corrective action.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Uniroyal

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.