MICHELIN MXV4 vs UNIROYAL TIGER PAW GTH

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jehan on September 29, 1997 at 18:03:55:

Last Friday I decided to upgrade my stock P185 /65/R15 Potenzas on my 1997 Honda Accord Coupe LX to P195/60/R15 Michelin MXV4s.

However, the young Sales Person at the Tire Dealership urged me to consider the Uniroyal Tiger Paws, which he claimed had the same PERFORMANCE and HANDLING characteristics as the MXVs and cost $40 less!, one of his Best Selling Tires! Regardless to say I fell for it.

On Saturday I left to spend a relaxing weekend in Cape May {south Jersey} and like an eager beaver was all set to Test the Tigers on the GS Parkway {a 400 mile round trip}.

Unfortunately, the Uniroyals turned out to be a total nightmare!!!!!!!! Compared to the stock Potenzas, the RIDE was hard and noisy and the CORNERING was unpredictable.
Highway driving turned out to be a major strain. City driving was okay unless God forbid you went over a Pot Hole.

Needless to say, today {Monday} I took the car and tires back to the Dealership, explained the situation to the Manager and requested an exchange. Fortunately the Store Manager was very cooperative and in no time at all put the Michelins on the Coupe and I more then willingly forked out the extra $160.

Finally, I test drove the MXV4s in the City and on the Highway. Maybe it's too early to judge but the Michelins seem to glide over pot holes and are the quietest tires I have ever driven on. At highway speeds the HANDLING is Phenomenal and CORNERING at high speeds is effortless. The RIDE quality is luxurious yet firm.

The Michelins turned out to be totally at the other end of the spectrum when compared to the Uniroyals, HANDS DOWN!

In conclusion, the UNIROYALS SUCK!!!!!!! and the MICHELINS are AWESOME {well worth the extra $$$} Note: the comparison was on a 97' Honda Accord Coupe and I am sure results will vary on different makes and models.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: MICHELIN MXV4 vs UNIROYAL TIGER PAW GTH

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.