Re: David and Dunlops

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Johnson on September 22, 1997 at 22:41:53:

In Reply to: David and Dunlops posted by robmoz on September 21, 1997 at 15:23:41:

I have only been looking through the information on this BBS for a few days now but I do believe that fighting does not solve anything. Some people believe that Dunlop tires are excellent and others do not. To tell you the truth, I had ordered some Dunlop SP Sport 8000 tires for my 1991 Saab 9000 turbo. I wanted tires in the 205-50-16 size. What I found out was that these tires were on national backorder and I would not be able to get them for 6-8 weeks. In addition to that, I was told that Dunlop may also be being discontinuing the tire in that size. So, since I am in desperate need of new tires (mine are showing steel belting) I had to go with another option. I chose Michelin MXX3 SX Pilots in the 215-45-16 size. David did tell me in a personal post that the Michelin MXX3 Pilots are a better tire in 'all-out performance' than the Dunlop tire.

I guess the point I would like to make is that this is a place to talk about tires...not a place to argue about someone's biased (or unbiased) opinions. I was hoping I could get some information about whether 215-45 or 205-50 tires would be best for my 6.5" wheels but I doubt I will ever get an answer for that becuase this BBS is being ruled right now by people who want to complain and argue. Lets get back to talking about tires...

-Matt Johnson
MXX3's on the way

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: David and Dunlops

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.