Re: Michelin LTX 26575R16 for Ford Expedition

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob on February 10, 1999 at 01:01:01:

In Reply to: Michelin LTX 26575R16 for Ford Expedition posted by David R. Little on January 28, 1999 at 14:33:45:

I mounted Michelin ATX on my Explorer and they are an excellent tire. A little more road noise then my Firestones but handle better. I went to 2 tire dealers and both dealers quoted me prices on the LX. I called Michelin Tire Co. to ask about the difference between the LX nad ATX and was told that the ATX was not recommended for the Explorer because of lateral instability. Michelin is an excellent tire but call them first before you buy them. Some salesman are willing to mount anything to make a sale or move product only because they have them in stock. One of these dealers is still mounting another brand that is also not recommended by the manufacturer, I think its called Wilderness, forget who makes them but its a well known brand and the tire is very popular because of price and looks. Check with the manufacturer before you buy. Don't buy Perrelli.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Michelin LTX 26575R16 for Ford Expedition

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.