Re: Re: Pirelli P8000

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by iggy on January 28, 1999 at 11:52:34:

In Reply to: Re: Pirelli P8000 posted by sean (what do they look like)? on January 15, 1999 at 01:09:56:

I just bought theses, after much argument with NTB. According to TireRack guys, and from searching everywhere, P8000 Vizollas are specially made (or branded for Sears chain stores. (This includes NTB).) The tread wear/rating is 320AA on the tires. But the invoice has it at 160AA. After looking at the grooves, it seems like P7000 Super Sports. Then again, it sort of looks like P6000 Summers as well. (rated at 160/180 AA). Between the tread/heat/tract # difference, tire size (205/65/15s. And Pirelli doesn't sell P7000s in that size!!! But P6000s are !!!), I don't know what they are.

As for performance, so far so good. My past tires were Dunlop Sport 4000 V rated tires. Comparing between the two, I think Pirellis handle a little bit tighter. But the road noise (especially during the slow down) is rather noisy. I heard a massive tire roll noise.

Cornering, I can't say for much, since I haven't pushed my Maxima at that level yet. Wet Traction, I think Pirelli's are better. (I don't think Dunlops had a slight problem with hydroplaining.).

Only reason I bought these are because I saw a misprint from NTB at 29.99 (less $20 off if I buy 4 at once). And I fought and fought and fought with them. And I got 'em. For a $25 tires, I was tempted to buy 12 of these. (But they wouldn't let me...). Otherwise, I probably would've gone for Dunlops again.

Iggy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Pirelli P8000

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.