Re: Re: Falken FK05GRB for '94 Integra GSR

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marcel Belanger on January 25, 1999 at 13:52:46:

In Reply to: Re: Falken FK05GRB for '94 Integra GSR posted by JN on January 07, 1999 at 14:07:42:

This is a great example of why you should ALWAYS test your steering and braking traction in a safe place anytime you change tires/wheels/suspension OR when the road surface/weather conditions change significantly. We had an ice storm recently and I deliberately went out driving (late at night when practically nobody was out) to get some experience under these conditions.

FWIW, the ice had just a slight gritty texture, since it was falling as sleet/freezing rain. My new (a few hundred miles of driving at that point) Yokohama AVID V4s handled the ice surpirsingly well, giving enough braking traction to press me firmly against my seatbelt before the ABS activated. When I got home, I could barely walk to my door, as my sneakers were sliding all over the place! Pretty good for a V-rated tire.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Falken FK05GRB for '94 Integra GSR

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.