Re: Goodyear Eagle GA vs Dunlop D60

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Stewart on January 25, 1999 at 11:18:08:

In Reply to: Goodyear Eagle GA vs Dunlop D60 posted by Jason on January 24, 1999 at 20:38:52:

I've had no experience with the Dunlop but, like you, can attest to the Eagle GA as being a good, though not spectacular, all-around performer. I found them to be quiet, great ride, + they didn't roll over and play dead at the sight of a tight corner. Solid and competent. If you're replacing just two, better to stick with what you know, especially if you like them fine. From an esthetics point of view, it would *look* better having four matching tires, too.

If I were buying four I would look at the Nokian NRH. A very competent H-rated touring tire from Finland which I have had excellent experience with. Though not a superlative performer in terms of dry grip, they *do* offer great longevity and they *are* excellent in the wet...probably the most onerous condition outside snow & ice you are likely to see in a year. Just one problem though; they are *not* all-seasons. Check out the URL below. Before anyone guesses that I am biased because I've posted pro-Nokian before please note that I do not work for Nokian, nor do I enjoy any economic benefit from recommending them. I *am* a very happy customer.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Goodyear Eagle GA vs Dunlop D60

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.