Re: Does It Pay To Get Snow Tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Don on January 18, 1999 at 15:15:23:

In Reply to: Does It Pay To Get Snow Tires posted by Lorne Cohen on January 14, 1999 at 20:23:18:

A recent article in Consumers Reports definitely recommends "winter" tires, on all four wheels, for anyone who drives in the snowbelt. (It says that installing winter tires on the drive wheels only "compromises" handling.)
I too thought that all season radials were fine on my Acura Legend, until this past week's snow storms . I recently moved to a somewhat hilly area here in Northeastern PA and twice got stuck while my neighbors seemed to have no problem. I soon found out that "winter" tires were considered a necessity in the area. I have just returned from the tire dealer with four new Michelin Artic Alpin tires. Let it snow!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Does It Pay To Get Snow Tires

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.