Re: Snow Tire Debate --- Studless vs. Studded

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marc on January 11, 1999 at 20:49:45:

In Reply to: Snow Tire Debate --- Studless vs. Studded posted by Eric Stewart on January 11, 1999 at 10:54:15:

Hi Eric, I understand your preferences for studless winter tire, youlive in a province
where studded tires are band, but be sure that on severe conditions as we have here
(Quebec City), where the studded tires are legals, there is no match between studded and
studless. You are surelly a connaisseur, because you drive on Nokian's winter tire,
simply the best in the world in my book, for your information Nokian introduced a new
studless winter tire in europe, it's called Hakkapeliitta 'Q', they outscored all other
manufacturer's studless tires in all scandinavian studless winter tire test this winter.
This tire will be available in Canada and USA for fall 1999 selling season, it's an
outstanding technological advancement in the studless winter tire segment, it comes
with what the Finns call ''SPRIRAL SIPE SYSTEM'', it simply the best result in studless
latteral grip performance, outstanding in slushplanning and snow traction. But you know,
nothing beat Hakka 1 studded with Kometa eco-stud!

Best of luck with your Alpin!
Marc

P.S: I am driving two subaru's AWD, a Forester with 225/60r16 hakka 1 with studs, and
testing right now 175/70r14 Hakka 'Q' on a Impreza wagon AWD.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Snow Tire Debate --- Studless vs. Studded

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.