Re: 225/60-15: Cooper Cobra GTZ, BFG Comp T/A VR4, or ??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Allan on January 10, 1999 at 17:31:53:

In Reply to: 225/60-15: Cooper Cobra GTZ, BFG Comp T/A VR4, or ?? posted by Craig on January 04, 1999 at 12:00:07:

I have my second set of Comp T/A VR-4's on my '93 Bonneville SSE - 225-60-R16. They have been good - lasted about 80,000Km but would have gone farther if I looked after them better. Had to change them with winter coming too.

They are reasonable in the snow, and great wet traction.

The only problem I have noticed is keeping them balanced. I think they must shift on the rims in the first month or so. The first set started bouncing on our way to Florida and I never got them rebalanced before the wear made it worthless getting it done. This set seem to have done the same, only I'm going to rebalance them before they wear too much!! Don't know if maybe its the Pontiac aluminum rims or not - have never put other tires on the car since I have had it.

I have put the Bridgestone RE-910 on my other car. I expect that I might try them on the Bonnie next time around as I really like them so far - quiet and good in snow/wet.

For what its worth that's my experience.....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: 225/60-15: Cooper Cobra GTZ, BFG Comp T/A VR4, or ??

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.