Re: Need tires for 1987 Chevy Dually

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paul Dias on October 26, 1998 at 09:36:57:

In Reply to: Need tires for 1987 Chevy Dually posted by Jim on August 28, 1998 at 18:23:50:

I had an 89 Chevy Crew Cab Dually, a few years ago. I had WeldWheel Directional D7s with Bridgestone R265 V-Steel tires in the 215/85/r16 size. Absolutely wonderful tire. I have a tire shop here in CA, and I only recommend tires that I have NOT had any problems with. Michelins are out of the question. I send in at least one set of Michs in for adjustment per month. This means they have some sort of flaw, generally a separation. They are consistantly blowing out well before their life is up. STAY AWAY!

Dunlop and Bridgestone currently have the best tires availible to man. In 7 years of business, we have NEVER returned a BS for adjustment. They consistantly run their life span with no defects. They are considerably cheaper than Michs and Goodyears, and are alway absolutely flawless. We sell all of these brands, and there are still people who won't listen to someone who puts them on and takes them off all day long. They still come in wanting Michs or something else, and won't listen to reason.

I may be writing this in vain, as I see your original letter was back in Aug., but here it is anyway. You may pay a little more for the BS than you would the Uniroyal or the Kelly, but you get what you pay for! Out of the two, do the Kellys if you can't do some sort of BS. They have several tires available in your size, for any specific need. Trust me, you will be happy with BSs.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Need tires for 1987 Chevy Dually

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.