Re: President,riken,defender,motomaster. ALL GARBAGE!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Allan on October 18, 1998 at 13:22:35:

In Reply to: President,riken,defender,motomaster. ALL GARBAGE! posted by dfj on October 16, 1998 at 21:33:43:

I agree with NFW! These tires meet all appropriate safety standards. It is a matter of how much you want to pay. Like anything else in life, there are those that will pay anything for a product, and there are those that have to shop more carefully. When you read the tire tests on Tire Rack and they come up with differences of less than 10% in their ratings I have to wonder that their testing is that exact. What it really says to me is that they are all comparable, and there are personal choices that consumers will make - one of them being brand name.

Brand names work in opposite as well - no way I will put a Firestone on my car - even though they may now have some good tires on the market.

I had a set of Defenders (made by Uniroyal) on my Lancer Turbo for years. They stayed balanced, had good grip wet, dry or in snow and lasted a long time! - and in many respects were better than the BFG Comp T/A VR-4 I run on my SSEI now. They were cost effective and met all of my needs. That makes them good in my books! Are they as good as a set of Potenza SO2 - hardly - but neither is the price so ridiculous.

My advice - shop around, and if they give the performance for the price you want to pay - go buy them.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: President,riken,defender,motomaster. ALL GARBAGE!

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.