Re: Re: Re: How good are Micheling X-One's in Snow & Rain??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris L on October 14, 1998 at 22:41:10:

In Reply to: Re: Re: How good are Micheling X-One's in Snow & Rain?? posted by Arn on October 13, 1998 at 22:11:10:

The lack of a lateral groove does limit snow traction. Pardon the comparison but imagine an old steamboat. The paddle wheel moving through the water is like the lateral grooves pushing off the snow. The smaller the paddle the less the boat will move, same goes with a car's tire. So if the lateral groove goes all the way through the tire, to the edges. It would be definitely better than one that stops before the run of treadblocks at the sidewall. When I wasn't running Blizzak's myself, I used tires made for Sears by Michelin, the Roadhandler Sport(blackwall)/Weatherwise(whitewall) tire. I thought about getting their X1 equivalent, but the outside treadblocks were not open. So I opted for better traction and less mileage. This was in southern New York.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: How good are Micheling X-One's in Snow & Rain??

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.