Re: Falken FK05GRB for '94 Integra GSR

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael Miller on October 08, 1998 at 10:27:09:

In Reply to: Falken FK05GRB for '94 Integra GSR posted by Robb Lazarus on October 07, 1998 at 22:17:39:

Are the Falkens "V" rated? I am not too familiar with them. A friend I know has
Falken Z502s and likes them for normal driving.
Remember: The GSR has a slightly higher performance suspension than a standard Integra, thus requiring
a better tire.

If you are looking for a good all-season tire without spending for the Michelins,
the Dunlop SP4000s are a nice "V" rated all season tire, that many a GSR owner currently
enjoys.

if you never go above 65mph and never drive the GSR
the way it was meant to be driven through turns
sell your GSR! no, just kidding...if you really don't drive it hard at all,
then you may want to consider a set of Dunlop D60 A2 JLBs...best "H" rated tire (imho).
(as a side note: even VTEC needs a little exercise every now and then! Daily is best)

I am in a similar position myslef of replacing the Michelins on my 96 GSR, and its not that
they are worn out, but that they SUCK! (XGT-V4), and I am tired of sliding around in the
rain.

I am seriously considering the new Michelin Pilot XGT V4 *(serious redesign)*
because Tire Rack gave them a great rating, and I have heard similar feedback from
people in the tire selling industry. They are a few bucks more, but hey, why not?

Call around to several places and don't be afraid to work a package deal (get them to throw
in road hazard, or better their price a bit). Just be wary of those hidden charges
(new valve stems, mounting, balancing, and the sort)...get your price with all of that
stuff included.

Good luck,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Falken FK05GRB for '94 Integra GSR

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.