Re: snow tire life

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kelly B on October 06, 1998 at 14:06:50:

In Reply to: snow tire life posted by amy on October 06, 1998 at 11:13:27:

Amy,

This winter was my first in a winter climate, and I went with 4 Yokohama Guardex's on our '95 Intrepid. The size is a 215/65/15. I've been amazed at the traction, both snow/ice and dry. The fronts seem to be about 2/5ths gone after about 6,000 miles, but I didn't rotate them, and they saw about a month of 75-85 degree temperatures. My commute is 80 miles round trip, and it is about 90% high-speed highway (80+ mph). The rears are virtually unworn, and they will ride up front this year.

I had to keep them on, because we were living at 9,000 feet in the Rockies outside Denver. It could be 80 in denver, with a foot of snow in the foothills. Hence, they have seen a bit more heat than they should have.

I am going to try a set of Michelin X-ones with the hope I can keep the snows off for all but a month or two. BTW, the Yokohama's made great mud tires, too. Snowmelt, y'know.

Kelly B

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: snow tire life

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.