Re: Best 205/55/16 tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hank on September 29, 1998 at 09:11:00:

In Reply to: Best 205/55/16 tires posted by wes on September 13, 1998 at 21:49:22:

I ran Goodyear Eagle GT+4 tires on a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo. They generally wore
well, were quiet, smooth riding, had decent wet and dry road traction, and took corners
safely. Actually, I looked at other tires whenever it came time to replace them and
chose to stay with this model because of overall satisfaction, availability of service
outlets, and perceived cost/value. They are a bit soft but that is part of what gives
them the characteristics they have. They were/are available (I'm not sure if the model
is still out there) in several speed ratings and prices. Investigate the construction
differences of the various speed ratings to determine what you really need. Hoping you
are lucky with the tires overall, be aware that if you have to replace a single tire you
may have a wait if the dealer you use is not in the pipeline. Even a good well stocked
dealer sometimes does not have this model in the speed rating you want on short notice.
Here in the Atlanta area there are plenty of Goodyear outlets including company owned
stores, so checking around did produce some differences in deals offered.

Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Best 205/55/16 tires

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.