Re: tires for toyota avalon

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg on September 20, 1998 at 19:12:03:

In Reply to: tires for toyota avalon posted by guenter on September 20, 1998 at 12:15:50:

I posted a followup...but don't know if it took...Even so, here's a new update! Check out comments also from today for Accord V6 where the Michelins are blasted for loudness on the Interstate...interesting...I suggested also the Pirelli P4000 Supertouring--though not a stellar handler, an ok performer otherwise...Also you might try the new Yokohama Avids (Hr, V4, etc)..in my other followup, I also suggested trying a "Plus Zero" to 215-60-15s (ever so slightly shorter than stock 205-65-15s, but 225s won't fit and the 215s are close enough according to the "experts"...or Plus 1 to 16s..admittedly meaning new wheels (maybe the new Solara's will fit properly (offset wise)...or aftermarket.. anyway toa a minimum Plus 1 of the new top Accords and aorementtioned Solara--the still scarce (esp selection) 205-60-16 and the higher performance (possibly) 215-55-16...Ditto, the "correct" larger Plus One. is the 225-55-16, but alas, if like the 96 and newer Camrys from which the Avalon sprung, the 225s are too wide, at least for the height (combination = rubbing)...Good luck! GK (again!)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: tires for toyota avalon

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.