Re: Blizzaks or Graspic HS-1?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by andy on September 18, 1998 at 08:35:27:

In Reply to: Blizzaks or Graspic HS-1? posted by Tom Lyons on September 16, 1998 at 01:13:08:

I have no experience with the Graspic HS but have run Blizzacks for two winters (approx 12k miles). The tires transformed my Civic from a car that limps in the snow into a car that rivals a most four wheel drives in up to 8" of snow. The best part of the tires is their stopping ability. You will be able to stop better than any sport utility out there and have better handling. As far as wear goes I put them on the car as soon as I hear the first snow report and get them off in March/April to save wear. The tires are a little squirmy in warm weather so I take it easy on corners. (ie 25 mph on 25 mph exit ramps) The tires should last this next winter. They still have their soft " special" tread left. I will probably get 15k out of them (three winters like the Tirerack told me) I have rotated them every 6k also.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Blizzaks or Graspic HS-1?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.